Monday, August 22, 2011

Grace's new car seat cover

At the beginning of last week, I had no intention of recovering my daughter's car seat. It is a lot of unpicking and I didn't really want to be without her seat that long.

Then Tuesday came and my two boys both got their tonsils out.

Suddenly I was stuck on my living room couch. Jumping up every few minutes to fetch a different flavor of popsicle for my four year old in hopes the next flavor wouldn't hurt his "back throat." I was really bored!! I thought they would sleep more since they were on some pretty heavy pain meds, but nope! So as I itched to make it up to my sewing room, they, rightfully, continued to need my constant attention. So, I started looking around for projects to do on the couch.

Hmmm...I normally hate handwork. I sometimes don't finish a project just because I have to hand sew, and I had just cleaned out my unfinished projects the week before. Well, I was stuck in the house anyway, why not take apart my daughter's seat? So, I did!





I started with this






And turned it into this!









A little up close and personal with the piping...







I think she likes it...






And a little bit of what really happens when we try to take pics at our house...







He's a camera lover. He was totally posing like this...and she wasn't about to move out of HER seat. haha!





No comments:

Post a Comment