Sunday, August 14, 2011

Vintage Plane Bedding

So this bedding started with a curtain panel for colors and an americana/vintage plane theme in mind, and here is what it became!! I have to admit, I am not always into the Americana theme, but I LOVE the way this turned out!!


I think the cream fabric is my favorite. The slight pattern on it reminded me of propellers. Perfect for the theme!

I have also decided that I love appliques on boy bedding. It just gives them that little something they need! I was REALLY nervous to cut these out. I'll admit, I even procrastinated finishing this bedding a little because I was so nervous! I was having a hard time drawing an airplane. Finally I found a good pic of a model plane and traced it, but then I was nervous about all those little lines. Would they work? I was most worried about the small one for the bumper. Larger version= larger lines= less worry! In the end I just bit the bullet and did it, exacto knife in hand...and you know what? It turned out just fine!! Maybe even better than fine. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment