Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ruffle Bottom Apron

I have another confession to make. Okay, maybe if you read the last post, this is nothing new. If I think a project is hard, or I am worried about how it will turn out, I procrastinate. This apron is the perfect example. I am pretty sure I have had a drawing of this apron floating around my sewing room for about 10 months. I have had all the pieces cut out for about 8 months. It was supposed to be a Christmas present last year, and I just ran out of time(and maybe a little motivation).




I came up with the idea after I made this child size apron. Sorry for the bad pic, it is from my phone.





What caused my procrastination this time? I was making this pattern up! I taught geometry, pattern making is like geometry to me, but still I was pretty new to sewing. I was just getting to the point where I could read a pattern without calling my mom. But, here I was, with no other sewing projects to do and that stack of cut up material staring me in the face. It was time to finish all those half finished projects and clear out my sewing room!




In the end, it is close to the picture I drew so many months ago, my only wish is that I had gathered the part where the top connects to the waist. Though, this version is really comfy! Live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment